Rollercoaster

I am probably wasting time/food/energy on this one bird, and I can’t help it - still want to have thirty-six slaughtered chickens come the end of July :) I put the “sick” chick back in the shed with her own water and food. Tried feeding her a bit myself and that seemed to perk her up, but I doubt it’s anything more than temporary.

If it’s a leg problem, then I doubt she’s been getting enough to eat. If it’s coccidiosis then this should hopefully quarantine it. I am now continually worried about the birds that don’t move when I bring out new food; will have to keep an eye on all of them.

In the worst case, if she dies, here are some pics of her in her final place. She looks comfy at least, right? :)

IMG_1777IMG_1783IMG_1784

Sigh.

Update (June 25): She made it through the night, and it is seeming more like a leg problem. She's able to hobble enough to turn around from time to time, and will still eat and drink a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment